At Siegel & Co., we take pride in managing every property as if it were our own.
We optimize performance and profitability through in-depth market analysis, effective collection enforcement, establishment of performance standards for contractors, encouragement of price competition among vendors, and intensive analysis of fixed costs, including utilities and insurance.
- Strategic planning, budgeting and financial controls.
- Collection of rents and any other income or fees due from tenants.
- Approval and payment of invoices on the owner’s behalf.
- Regular, documented property inspections.
- Lease administration including tracking and facilitating lease renewals.
- Making mortgage loan payments and acting as lender liaison.
- Coordinating and implementing leasing efforts for vacant space.
- Liaison between landlord, leasing agents, and third party providers for negotiations with prospective new tenants.
- Complete accounting for income, expenses and tenant data.
- Promotion of good landlord – tenant relations.
- Contracting with vendors and supervision of purchasing, maintenance and repairs.
- On-call emergency response.
- Establishment and enforcement of tenant rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monthly reports and statements, generally by the 15th of each month for the preceding month.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving.
In the case of multifamily residential properties, we also hire and supervise the on-site management, marketing and maintenance personnel. We are often able to improve efficiency through a rigorous program of employee evaluation and, where necessary, retraining.
For all properties, we offer “handyman” services on an hourly basis through our in-house maintenance division, Sparrow Maintenance Services. The charge for these services is set at a rate which merely covers Sparrow’s operating costs and there is no mark-up pricing for parts. Alternatively, maintenance and repair services can be procured from qualified independent vendors, or licensed and insured contractors of your choice. We are always guided by our client’s instructions as to the management of their investment real estate.